Leroy and Kimberly Wagner are authors of Fierce Women and Men Who Love Fierce Women. This couple found themselves stuck in what they call the “fierce woman/fearful man” cycle, and discovered that it was ruining their marriage. In this interview, they teach us how to embrace the Biblical view of marriage, and what it means for women to use their strength under the Spirit’s control.
Leroy and Kimberly are also navigating chronic illness and disability. Several years ago, Leroy was diagnosed with a degenerative disease that has now left him wheelchair bound. In this interview they share very openly about the challenges they’re walking through and lessons learned along the way.
We could relate well to Leroy and Kimberly’s story, and we pray that it encourages you as much as it encouraged us!
Talk About It:
- Are we stuck in the fierce woman/fearful man cycle?
- LeRoy and Kimberly talked about the importance of having a Biblical marriage. Does our marriage follow the Biblical framework? If not, what changes do we need to make together?
- Is our marriage glorifying God? Is it blessing others?
- Are we making prayer a priority in our marriage?
Think About It:
- Is there an area where I need to first repent, and then apologize to my spouse?
- Wives: Am I emasculating my husband by misusing or abusing my strengths? How can I use my strength under the Spirit’s control?
- Husbands: Am I leading my family lovingly and faithfully? Am I making the courageous choice to pray with my wife?
- How can I encourage my spouse in their God-given role?
Quotes and Notes:
“Repentance is the key component to a grace-filled marriage.”
“There is a spiritual umbrella of protection that the man provides with that simple yet powerful act of praying over his wife…”
“A fearful man cannot be a faithful man.”
“Even if a man is almost completely incapable of doing anything physically, he can still lead his wife spiritually.”
“When we come to the cross with desperation, I believe that the Lord meets us there with power.”
1 Peter 3
Psalm 34:8- “Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.”
Psalm 23:6- “Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.”
The God Empowered Wife by Karen Haught