Too often our marriage conversations revolve around the logistics of running a home and family. When we were dating, however, we often shared our hopes and dreams with one another. We even dreamed together.
This Design-A-Date will put the dreaming back into a date night. Here are some questions to get you started. Don’t feel like you have to answer all of them. Pick whichever ones resonate most for you. Remember you’re discovering and dreaming together. This isn’t time for the “realist” to show up to dash the dream. It’s a time to share your heart and hear your spouse’s heart. (You can download and print out a PDF of this date below!)
- What is one place anywhere in the world you’ve always wanted to visit? Why?
- If money weren’t an option, what would you like to do?
- When it comes to making a difference in this world, what would you like to be involved in?
- Is there any way we could serve together?
- What is our shared purpose? What dream do you have about doing something together to make a difference in this world?
- What’s your perfect date night look like?
- What’s something you’d like us to do/learn together?
- Is there one thing we’d both like to do that we need to start putting feet on in some way (start saving, sign up for a class, talk to someone about serving together)?
- What is one thing you’d like to do by the time you turn _________ (fill in the next “decade” birthday i.e. 30, 40, 50, 60, 70)?
Download a PDF of this date to print out and take with you!Dream-Date.pdf